Friday, December 21, 2012

Snowflakes for Sandy Hook

Earlier in the week I came across a couple blogs that were doing a fun way to help the kids in Newtown, CT. As an educator and a parent, I am still unable to truly process what happened that day a short week ago. I kept thinking of ways to give back to the community and help put smiles on the innocent victims faces. When I saw "Snowflakes for Sandy Hook" I knew this was the way my students and I could help. This is what was on the PTA website:

Welcome students to a Winter Wonderland

When school resumes for Sandy Hook, it will be in a new building. Parent-volunteers are working to ensure that the students are welcomed back by a winter wonderland with the entire school decorated with as many unique snowflakes as possible. We encourage senders to be as creative as possible, remembering that no two snowflakes are alike. Please make and send snowflakes by January 12, 2013 to the Connecticut PTSA.

The junior high school spent the morning before break creating many beautiful snowflakes. It makes me so proud to see my students giving back to the community.








No comments:

Post a Comment